Thursday, November 09, 2006

my trip back . . .

This is the sad truth about life..."nothing is ever what it seems". People change too quickly, people change to slow. And you feel either like a trainwreck or a lonely hitchhiker with a sore thumb. I'm done asking questions. If there was one thing it taught me, my instinct is my bestfriend. It taught me that keeping my ideals is still the best shot through all these. And that I should never apologize for keeping it real...to continue to wear my heart on my sleeve (now that's a funny thought).

Let's face it. Life is full of disappointments. Its never-ending. Yet there are enough ups to make us strong for the downs. And like my good friend puts it, what differentiates those who still are ok from those who've totally lost their sense of direction, is the fact that you try to live through it...to keep standing still.

This one's the funniest. "Karma will come", said Nina (yes, the soul siren whoa!), and after laughing for quite a while after learning that..I couldn't help but smile. Experience IS the greatest teacher. Don't get me wrong. I'm not after getting even. I just believe that one thing I learned from Atticus Finch. You'll never know how it feels for other people until you've walked around in their shoes. It is best if we can learn to compromise...to extend a little bit of understanding. If not, then that's our loss.

We may feel like we've been a victim of something so wrong and yet there is really no greater way to go about it than moving on and showing the world that we are better people for it. Call it cosmic..or even godly, but things happen and there's no explanation..no justification...but lessons to learn.

"We get what we want, when we can..while we can." I forgot who said that one. But hey, i'm not complaining. Sometimes you surprise your own self when you learn that you can take things you never taught you could..never even imagined you could. And it doesn't make you any lesser. It only redefines your boundaries. With a little faith, you'll live ok.

Watch out. Feel. Think. Never ever hold back. Learn. And love...because no matter how cheesy it may seem to other people...LOVE is everywhere...from tears, to angry words, to stolen kisses to lasting embraces...to everything. And I'll live my life knowing I've loved, and I've been hurt and I'll continue to love till I find the one who can love me right back. And who can wake up each morning with me and decide to stay in love with me every single morning of our lives.

----

"What you've done becomes the judge of what you're going to do - especially in other people's minds. When you're traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don't have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road."
-- William Least Heat Moon.

----

One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things. - Henry Miller.

No comments: